Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Unskinny Bop: Ending the Apocalypse

When I left last time, we had two more restrictions to go (Forensics and Sports Agent) and the respective Sims were about to start their careers (in Law Enforcement and Sports Agent respectively).

By this point, you already know how this is going to go. There are no more secrets. Travel to work in a Motive Mobile, Work Hard, make friends with your boss so you can call him over and get promoted if you just miss out, Work from Home to make sure you won't just miss out - you know the drill. The final process is quite mechanical and reasonably quick.

(By the way, if anyone is wondering about the idiosyncratic titles of these blog entries, you need to listen to more 80s Hair Metal. That hint, plus Google, should reveal the last of my secrets here ;) ).

I like to muck around a bit on the last generation. See if you can get all the plants up to Perfect, or make everlasting Ice sculptures - that sort of thing. Master as many skills as you can. Complete skill challenges. By this point in the game there is little challenge, so make a challenge. Have one Sim left over, and just make them do whatever whacky things you've been allowed to do for a while but haven't bothered with. Some players like to send their Sims back to University and collect multiple degrees - whatever floats your boat.

Anyway, thanks to asking for promotions from the boss occasionally, and the odd day missed because of festivals balancing out, with 12 days as a young adult remaining:


and a few hours later on the same day:


The Apocalypse is over, and the Instruction ends. I hope you've enjoyed this, and perhaps even learned a thing or two. I haven't revealed all my secrets, but I like to think I've been a gracious host.

What Happens Now?
I sincerely hope by now you're getting tired of just reading about the Apocalypse Challenge. If you've been following along with your own attempt, then I hope you were successful, and if you weren't, remember that it wouldn't be a challenge if it was trivial. If you're still struggling on through, persevere!

And if you've finished, then if you're anything like me, you'll want to take a bit of a break. It's a long challenge, with many hours of real time consumed, and you've maybe got a book to read, or another game to play, or even other Sims 3 diversions you've been postponing. But sooner or later I hope you'll feel the siren song pulling you back.

This time, make it harder. Try for the Hard Start. Do more of the prestige options. As I write this we're gearing up for an Apocalypse Challenge tournament - which is actually something I've got to get cracking on helping set up. I hope to see you there!

And in the meantime, may you never need to know the plural of Apocalypse...

No comments:

Post a Comment